Friday, November 20, 2009

The Road To Now


The Road To Now: Taking Stock of Evolution and Our Place in the World


By Melvin Bolton




I chose this book because I was looking for something to help me understand evolution as a theory and solidify my thoughts on why I feel evolution is an important part of our makeup as human beings.
I was not disappointed, however, this survay of evolution did get off-course here and there and especially towards the end of the book.
The book was informative in that it introduced me to the psychological side of evolution. How we evolved mentally and how the mental evolution happned physically is really important and fundamental knowledge that is needed to support arguments and help to understand the workings of evolution.
Bolton must have had a difficult time trying to figure out what he would leave out, instead of what he would include in this book. The subjects are very vast and involved.
I would recommend that someone looking for a survey of evolution start here.

No comments: